The largest expo for demonstrating technological advancements for over 100 years is the World Expo – EXPO. Its history began in 1851, when the Great Exhibition of Industrial Products of All Nations was held in London. The first exhibitions were focused mainly on trade, later on specific cultural topics and the creation of a “world of tomorrow”. Since 1988, EXPO has become a great opportunity for countries to improve their national image of Dubai Tours.
EXPO 2020 will be held in Dubai. For the first time in a century and a half, the exhibition has been organized by the country of the MENA region (Middle East and North Africa).
The benefit that Expo 2020 provides will support diversification and further enhance existing sectors within the UAE. Its tremendous impact will serve not only the domestic economy system but also the wider vicinity and will last for many years to come.
From October 20, 2020 to April 10, 2021, the Dubai Expo 2020 is scheduled to be held in Dubai, which will become the largest exhibition event in the world, the main theme of which is “Uniting Minds, Creating the Future”. It is estimated that approximately 25 million people from 180 countries will visit the event. The exhibition will focus on finding ways to network, collaborate and form new partnerships for innovation and new ideas to create a better future.
The Expo always adopts a broad universal theme that applies to all humanity. The United Arab Emirates selected the theme “Connecting Minds, Creating the Future”, being the sub themes Sustainability, Mobility and Opportunity.
EXPO 2020 is one of the global events that cannot be missed. There is hardly any doubt that Dubai will be able to organize a grand celebration of science and technology. Here are some facts to help you measure the scale of an event.
• More than 190 countries will participate in EXPO 2020 and millions of visitors from around the world.
• During the EXPO 2020 – from October 20, 2020 to April 10, 2021 – the exhibition is expected to have about 25 million visitors
• EXPO 2020 will be the third largest event since the Olympics and the FIFA World Cup.
• More than 277 thousand people were involved in the preparation and holding of the exhibition. 40% of them are employed in the travel and tourism sector.
• By 2020, the city will be ready to accommodate 100,000 guests at a time.
The main venue of the Dubai 2020 Expo will be an area of 438 hectares (1083 acres) located midway between Dubai and Abu Dhabi burj khalifa trips. The master plan, designed by the American firm HOK, is organized around a central square, called Al Wasl (which means “the connection” in Arabic), surrounded by three large pavilions, each dedicated to a sub-theme.